[OpenAFS] Confused about an OpenAFS upgrade path.

Wes Emerson emailforwes@gmail.com
Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:42:42 -0400

------=_Part_236040_16540246.1161625362473

Hello,

    I 've researched this a few dozen times, but I never get the same
answer. We've got an older AFS server environment that is still running the
ye olde Transarc AFS release. It is also running on Solaris 7. I would like
to upgrade to Solaris 9, if not Solaris 10, but my question is what is the
best parth for an upgrade. The way that I see it, I've got a few options;

    a. Upgrade to OpenAFS 1.2.11, and then upgrade the Solaris release to 9
using LiveUpgrade or something else like that. Then stairstep my OpenAFS to
1.4.x (if it's compatible), and upgrade my OS to Solaris 10.

    b. Someting else.....

    Would the above approach work well, or is there some hidden gotcha that
I have to worry about. I would like to move to newer servers (hence the push
to get to Solaris 10), and if possible I would like to move from local
storage to SAN storage. I am extremly paranoid so these will be several
discrete steps, but hopefully I can get this thing upgraded.

    I appreciate everybody's  help.

--
My middle name could be danger, but it's Wes.

Eddie Izzard (badly paraphrased)

------=_Part_236040_16540246.1161625362473

Hello,<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I 've researched this a few dozen times, but I never get the same answer. We've got an older AFS server environment that is still running the ye olde Transarc AFS release. It is also running on Solaris 7. I would like to upgrade to Solaris 9, if not Solaris 10, but my question is what is the best parth for an upgrade. The way that I see it, I've got a few options;

------=_Part_236040_16540246.1161625362473--