[OpenAFS] Drive Mappings in 1.5.10

Kevin Scott Sumner ksumner@physics.unc.edu
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:40:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I recently upgraded from 1.4.2 on a WinXP sp2 machine to 1.5.10 via
EXE.  After the upgrade, user drive mappings appear to not be working well.

Specifically, I can add new drive mappings on the Drive Letters tab of
the AFS Client Configuration dialog, but instead of showing the drive
letter, it's mapping and the checkbox as expected and in older versions, it
shows a checkbox and the letters 'Dr'.  Also, drives mapped before the
upgrade also show up with a 'Dr' entry.  New drives does show up in
Explorer, but they cannot be removed via the Remove button, nor do the
mapping checkboxes operate on the mapped drives.  Using the
'Change...' button on one of these presents the normal dialog for
adding/changing drive mappings, but it's populated with default values.

The only way I've been able to remove the drive mappings is by removing
their keys in the registry (HKCU\Software\OpenAFS\Client\Active Maps and
...\Mappings) then use Explorer to do a network drive disconnect.
Occasionally, the drives won't disconnect ("Network connection not found"
or something similar), but I can't distinguish a pattern for recreating
this particular symptom.

As a work-around, I'm using Global Drives from the Advanced tab for now
since I'm the only one using my machine.

Any idea what's going on?

Some other misc info (though I don't think any of this should affect it):
-KfW, 3.1b2 w/ OpenAFS plugin for KfW 3.1b1
-IE7 installed
-Have mapped drives from other smb shares from Samba and Win servers
-Have k5tickets and tokens from 2 cells (physics.unc.edu and isis.unc.edu)

Cheers,
Kevin
-----
Kevin Sumner
Assistant Unix Administrator
Physics and Astronomy Networking Infrastructure and Computing
ksumner@physics.unc.edu

"Imagination is more important than knowledge.
For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination
embraces the entire world, stimulating progress,
giving birth to evolution."
  -Albert Einstein