[OpenAFS] problem installing OpenAFS on FC5

Andrew Bacchi bacchi@rpi.edu
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:46:02 -0400

Hi Ron,

I don't have Fedora, but there should be similarities to RedHat packages.
Issue "rpm -qa | grep kernel", you will see all the packages installed
relating to the kernel.

kernel-smp.x.x.x.x.x.x
kernel-utils.x.x.x.x.x.x
kernel-source.x.x.x.x.x

There may also be some openafs-kernel packages installed, but ignore that
for now.
If you don't see one labled kernel-devel.x.x.x.x, you will need to install
it.  It is a package on your Fedora CD.  Then you'll have the proper kernel
libraries to make a build.  You'll see the subdirectory under /lib/modules/.

Good luck.