[OpenAFS] AFS client suddenly extremely slow

Bastian dea1306@melvex.xs4all.nl
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 22:49:39 +0200

Hello all,

I have a very strange performance issue. One of my afs clients is
extremely slow when copying files from and to afs (<100 KB/sec).
It know it hasn't been slow from the beginnning.

Another client (similar hardware) shows an acceptable performance
(>1500KB/sec).
Non-openafs file transfers (e.g. scp) have a reasonable speed on both
machines.

I've been doing tests, inspecting configuations, reinstalling openafs,
searching the web.
I see no difference between the openafs-configurations, but maybe I am
missing something.

Does anyone have a clue what the problem might be?

Thanks.
Bastian

More info:
clients: Ubuntu 6.06, OpenAFS 1.4.1-2