[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS 1.4.2 on latest FC5 kernel

Axel Thimm openafs-info@openafs.org
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:44:16 +0200

--Y1L3PTX8QE8cb2T+

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 10:37:29AM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>:
>=20
> >Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@ATrpms.net> wrote:
> >
> >>Which files do you miss or see relocated?
> >
> >Well, the binaries from /usr/afs/bin/ are now in /usr/sbin/ and the conf=
ig
> >files have moved from /usr/afs/etc/ to /etc/openafs/.

Yes, that's not only for the sake of FHS and default layout of these
distros, but also for playing along with stateless linux, read-only
/usr (possibly NFS or GFS mounted) and the like. Placing config files
under /usr is a bad thing.

> Are ALL config files in /etc/openafs?

No, not literally.

> How does it differentiate between client and server config files?  I
> know that on Debian they use /etc/openafs and /etc/openafs/server,
> but I don't know if Axel's RPMS do that.

Just try them out and you'll know ;)

> >>The idea is to have the packages blend in as best as possible
> >>with the distribution's conventions, which for Fedora/RHEL is mostly
> >>FHS with libexec and /etc/sysconfig.

--=20
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

--Y1L3PTX8QE8cb2T+