[OpenAFS] sun4x86_510: Loading kernel module openafs-1.4.1-rc2 replay

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 13:49:06 -0500

Paul Mitchell <pmitchel@email.unc.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Christopher D. Clausen wrote:
>> Can you try 1.4.2 ?
>
> Hello,
> I'm trying 1.4.2, which I've had to download i nsource code. Since
> this is a demo unit I've working with, I've also had to download a gnu
> gcc and
> make. Unfortunately, even though I've exported CC=gnu, and the
> configure script finds gcc, for some reason my make is blowing out
> with:

You MUST use Sun's compiler to build OpenAFS on Solaris.  Other
compilers will not work.  See the hardcoded paths to
"/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc" ?

You can get the compiler for free (both Intel and SPARC) from:
http://developers.sun.com/sunstudio/downloads/index.jsp

Is there some reason the 1.4.2 binaries from openafs.org don't work for
you?  (I haven't tried them yet myself.)
http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.4.2/solaris-10-intel/sunx86_510.tar.gz

I'm building 32-bit Solaris x86 1.4.2 binaries right now, but my machine
is slow so it'll take about an hour.  I can send you a link if you want
them.

<<CDC