[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS 1.4.2 on latest FC5 kernel

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:59:20 -0400

Quoting David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>:

> Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> wrote:
>
>> > However, there's an earlier problem: why is the ioctl returning
>> > ETIMEDOUT?
>>
>> Are you using dynroot?  If so, most 'fs' operations won't work on
>> the dynamic
>> AFS root.
>
> I don't know.  How do I tell?
>
> If it helps, the exact procedure I used to attempt to set up the
> server can be
> viewed at:
>
> 	http://people.redhat.com/~dhowells/openafs-1.4.setup.sh
>
> David

Yeah, the default config is dynroot, which means you can't perform
fs actions on /afs because /afs isn't a volume, it's dynamically
generated in the client.   You would have to change
/etc/sysconfig/openafs-client to turn off dynroot.

-derek