[OpenAFS] tasklist_lock undefined Linux 2.6.18, OpenAFS 1.4.2

Stefaan stefaan.deroeck@gmail.com
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 21:16:45 +0200

On 10/27/06, Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> wrote:
> What I'm about to suggest isn't the "right" fix; in particular, it will
> probably break syscall table scanning on older kernel versions.  But it
> should make your module load and work.
>
> Go into src/afs/LINUX/osi_probe.c, and look for a line like this:
>
>     (unsigned long)(&tasklist_lock) - 0x30000,
>
> Remove the "- 0x30000" and the unresolved symbol reference should go away.
>
> -- Jeff

I tried this, but it doesn't seem to fix my problem.  Unresolved
symbols remained, for example from afs_osi.c.  Diving into this source
file, I discovered tasklist_lock was being used only when
LINUX_KEYRING_SUPPORT was not enabled.  Enabling this in the kernel
seemed to fix my problem, even without the suggested correction.  "nm
osi_probe.o" tells me "w tasklist_lock".
Is enabling keyring support in the kernel mandatory for running
OpenAFS, or am I misled?

Thanks,
Stefaan