[OpenAFS] failed fileserver ip address change

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:36:51 -0400

On Friday, October 27, 2006 10:21:17 PM +0300 Juha J=E4ykk=E4 =
<juolja@utu.fi>=20
wrote:

> Hmm. This might be it: the new address never showed up in VLDB, even
> though bos showed them running normally. I wonder, how did this happen,
> since the fileserver at the old address was stopped before the address
> was changed. Shouldn't that be enough? As per IBM docs, it should.

It never showed up on any volumes, or in 'vos listaddrs' output?

What I'm guessing happened is that an entry for the new address got added=20
as a result of someone running a fileserver on that address at some time in =

the past -- either during testing before the renumbering, or because that=20
address belonged to a server before -- or as a result of some vos command.=20
For example, using 'vos addsite' to add a rep site on the new address=20
before the renumbering happened might get you into this situation.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer