[OpenAFS] tasklist_lock undefined Linux 2.6.18, OpenAFS 1.4.2

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:37:44 -0400

On Friday, October 27, 2006 03:20:29 PM -0400 "Peter N. Schweitzer"
<pschweitzer@usgs.gov> wrote:

>> Remove the "- 0x30000" and the unresolved symbol reference should go
>> away.
>
> I don't mean to be a pain, but this cannot possibly solve an unresolved
> external reference.

Well, the reference in question is weak, but you're right; this isn't the
problem.  The subtraction is an issue, because if the reference isn't
satisfied then it evaluates to -0x30000, which is generally not a very good
pointer.  But that would result in a crash, not a failure to load, and the
fix for that is in 1.4.2.

> I do also wish to emphasize that this is not an AMD64 system, it's an
> x86-32.

Hm.  That should work.  Does the module actually fail to load?

Do you still have the directory where the module was built?  I'd be
interested to know which of the objects it was compiled from have
references to that symbol.

-- Jeff