[OpenAFS] openafs and legato networker

Juha Jäykkä juolja@utu.fi
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:52:03 +0200

--Sig_nfXa_OnFkj6hoOHVkUqSbMB

Hi!

Does anyone have any experience using legato networker to back up afs
volumes? We would like to switch from "vos dump all volumes to an extra
raid array" -backups to using legato (since that's the de facto backup
solution around here). What's the best way to do it?

I found this
http://68.100.67.187:3000/openafs/afs-backup-to-legato.tar.gz, but I'm
unsure as to how reliable/useful it is. Certainly it seems like less work
than what would be required to build a backup-to-legato -system from
scratch. Anyone using this?

Originally, I was thinking of just using our current dumps as sources for
legato, but that make incremental backups quite painful since our current
scheme just dumps whole volumes, no incrementals.

-Juha

--=20
                | Juha J=C3=A4ykk=C3=A4, juolja@utu.fi			|
		| Laboratory of Theoretical Physics		|
		| Department of Physics, University of Turku	|
                | home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/              |