[OpenAFS] File ownership/permissions semantics

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:12:10 -0500

It's a security hole to allow anyone with write access to gain
administrative priviledges just through "mkdir".   In OpenAFS
you still have implicit "a" access given to the owner of a volume
(which is the owner of the root directory node of a volume).

I do not believe there is a compilation flag to revert to the old,
insecure transarc semantics.

-derek