[OpenAFS] AFS client suddenly extremely slow

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:53:34 -0500

On Sunday, October 29, 2006 09:42:37 AM -0500 Jim Rees <rees@umich.edu>
wrote:

> At one time we were trying to get afsd to auto-tune so that the various
> options for different cache sizes would not be needed.  If the current
> auto-tuning isn't good enough, maybe someone should work on it some more.
>
> Or maybe that didn't make it in to 1.4.x, I don't remember.

I believe the auto-tuning made it into 1.4.1; it's definitely in 1.4.2.
However, that doesn't help you if you insist on passing explicit values on
the command line, as is done by the startup scripts included with several
of the binary packages.

-- Jeff