[OpenAFS] AFS client suddenly extremely slow

Daniel Clark dclark@pobox.com
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:08:14 -0500

On 10/31/06, Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> wrote:

> On Sunday, October 29, 2006 09:42:37 AM -0500 Jim Rees <rees@umich.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > At one time we were trying to get afsd to auto-tune so that the various
> > options for different cache sizes would not be needed.  If the current
> > auto-tuning isn't good enough, maybe someone should work on it some more.
> >
> > Or maybe that didn't make it in to 1.4.x, I don't remember.
>
> I believe the auto-tuning made it into 1.4.1; it's definitely in 1.4.2.
> However, that doesn't help you if you insist on passing explicit values on
> the command line, as is done by the startup scripts included with several
> of the binary packages.

So just be be 100% clear, to turn autotune on, all you need to do is
start up "afsd" without any of these options: "-stat, -dcache,
-daemons, -volumes, -chucksize"?

Does auto-tuning work only for disk cache, or also with "-memcache"?

Thanks,
--
Daniel Joseph Barnhart Clark
http://www.pobox.com/users/dclark