[OpenAFS] PAM/PAG with proftpd

Mike Polek mike@pictage.com
Fri, 01 Sep 2006 10:48:58 -0700

Hi, All,
   I'm upgrading my proftpd server to FC4. I'm using a custom built
kernel 2.6.17.7smp, AFS 1.4.1. Everything used to work fine on
RH7.3, AFS 1.2.13. I can authenticate to the server just fine,
but when the server attempts to chroot me into my home directory,
it says permission denied. If I get a token as root, it works,
so it appears that after authentication, the process is running
outside a pag... the pag didn't stick.
   I know this has been discussed before, but my google search
was fruitless. Can anybody point me to the reference for
a fix? I don't remember whether I need to patch pam or patch
proftpd. Any/all assistance is appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Michael Polek
mike@pictage.com