Searching for Testers was Re: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS site not geared for beginners...

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 12:38:21 -0700

The Drag'N'Drop 50 GB test was discussed some time ago.

There was criticism of running X, etc on the server, but that's real life.

However, the current speed of fs trace may be a problem.

Fs trace really needs to be turned on and run continuously..

tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Jeffrey Altman
Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2006 11:02 AM
To: Jason Edgecombe
Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: Searching for Testers was Re: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS site not geared
for beginners...

Jason Edgecombe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What if any kind of automated testing tools are used with AFS? In the
> past year, I have been trying to integrate more automated testing into
> my own work and I was wondering what, if any, automated testing is going
> on with openafs?
>
> I fully understand that automated testing can only supplement user
> testing, but I'd like to look into it once I get more into AFS.
>
> Jason Edgecombe

Once AFS is installed on Windows there is an automated stress test
that is run on each build of the client.

	http://www.pmw.org/afsbpw05/talks/OpenAFS-Testing.ppt

I also test with a number of applications as time permits in order to
exercise a wider range of the code paths.  If someone wanted to write
a set of Microsoft Office scripts as a secondary test that would be
useful.

Jeffrey Altman