[OpenAFS] porting to Linux ARM

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 05 Sep 2006 20:42:33 -0400

On Sunday, September 03, 2006 11:46:49 AM -0400 Derrick J Brashear
<shadow@dementia.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Sep 2006, Albrecht Gebhardt wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm currently trying to move all services from my i386 home server to
>> LinkSys NSLU2 ARM machines.
>>
>> I was wondering if these NSLU2's could also take over my AFS cell when I
>> noticed that there is no ARM port of OpenAFS available.
>>
>> So I was trying to find out how I could get this to work.
>>
>> I looked at the sources and added some ARM specific parts just similar
>> to the other architecture specific stuff.
>
> Run that oops through ksymoops.

No; this is a 2.6 kernel, and ksymoops is a thing of the past.
The kernel will print the symbols itself, but only if compiled with
CONFIG_KALLSYMS.  The form of the backtrace indicates that this was not the
case.  I suggest reconfiguring your kernel, recompiling the kernel and
OpenAFS, and trying again.

-- Jeff