[OpenAFS] Master-Cellservdb entry - whom to contact?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 07 Sep 2006 11:57:02 -0400

On Thursday, September 07, 2006 12:18:31 PM +0200 FB <fbo2@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 11:29:30AM +0200, Lars Schimmer wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I like to see our cell be integrated in the master cellservdb file to be
>> distributed with the OpenAFS clients.
>> Whom do I have to contact?
>
> Quoted from http://www.central.org/csdb.html:
>
> Adding or Updating your Cell
>
> To have your cell added to the GCO Public CellServDB, send mail to
> cellservdb@grand.central.org with the following information:
>
>     * Cell Name
>     * Description
>     * Contact Person/Address
>     * List of dbservers (names and IP addresses, please)

Note that I'm usually fairly slow to respond, often batching up several
requests until the next version of the file is published.  One of these
days I'll add a bit more automation, so the database can be updated more
frequently.

In the meantime, I'm planning to publish a new version of the CellServDB in
time for OpenAFS 1.4.2.

-- Jeff