[OpenAFS] That infamous, magnificent bastard, error 19270408.

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Sun, 10 Sep 2006 23:49:44 -0400

>I wonder if this means Joe will have to speed up the pace of the AFS
>upgrade, then.  I thought someone said it was perfectly ok to run
>OpenAFS database servers with Transarc Fileservers?

That's a true statement.  As you see, your cell still works.  But there
are some important caveats.

One caveat is that with Transarc fileservers, you won't be able to
support any feature that is specific to OpenAFS (when talking to
fileservers).  One feature that aklog uses by default is support
for rxkad 2b, which is NOT a Transarc feature (I believe it made
it into OpenAFS around 1.2.10, but don't quote me on that).

Unfortunately, aklog doesn't really have a way of knowing what your
fileserver supports in terms of authentication.  The decision I
made was that aklog should be consistant within a distribution;
thus, aklog defaults to supporting rxkad 2b, since every version
of OpenAFS that has shipped with aklog supports rxkad 2b.  As other
people have said, using the -524 switch with aklog should make your
tokens work with older fileservers.  Unfortunately, at this stage
your only two options are to upgrade your fileservers (which,
honestly, you probably want to do anyway), or use aklog with the
-524 switch.

Unless there is something strange going on, upgrading your fileservers
shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.

--Ken