[OpenAFS] context menu handler slow in OpenAFS 1.5.8 for Windows

Gurganus, Brant L gurganbl@rose-hulman.edu
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 21:20:35 -0400

With that information, if I login with MSROSE-HULMAN\gurganbl instead of
gurganbl@rose-hulman.edu, I do not experience the delay.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Altman [mailto:jaltman@secure-endpoints.com]=20
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 8:29 PM
To: Gurganus, Brant L
Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] context menu handler slow in OpenAFS 1.5.8 for
Windows

There you go.  Its taking pioctl() many tries before it can
find the name form that matches the authentication name used
to login the session.  This name is required in order for
authentication to the AFS SMB server to succeed since that is
the only name that will be accepted over the loopback interface.

I don't have a solution for you.  The real fix for this is to
stop using an SMB server and instead begin use of a Network
Redirector.  Completing this work is a long time off.

Jeffrey Altman

Gurganus, Brant L wrote:
> I turned on the pioctl debugging as you suggested and these were the
> results. This is a domain-joined limited user account.
>=20
> =20
>=20
> 0x4c3 is:
>=20
> ERROR_SESSION_CREDENTIAL_CONFLICT
> 1219
>=20
> =09
>=20
> Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user,
> using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all
previous
> connections to the server or shared resource and try again.
>=20
> =20
>=20
> =20
>=20
> =20
>=20
> C:\Documents and Settings\gurganbl>fs whereis "My Documents"
>=20
> pioctl CreateFile(C:\_._AFS_IOCTL_._) failed: 0x2
>=20
>         [The system cannot find the file specified.
>=20
> ]
>=20
> pioctl Explorer logon user: [gurganbl@rose-hulman.edu]