[OpenAFS] context menu handler slow in OpenAFS 1.5.8 for Windows

Gurganus, Brant L gurganbl@rose-hulman.edu
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 22:12:44 -0400

If I use gurganbl@MS.ROSE-HULMAN.EDU or gurganbl@ms.rose-hulman.edu, I
still experience the delay. If it is relevant, Mark Russinovich has a
post about a delay related to domain trust:
http://blogs.technet.com/markrussinovich/default.aspx

Could a similar issue be happening with OpenAFS as with Windows
Defender, though this system is x86, not x64 or Server 2003?

C:\Documents and Settings\gurganbl>fs whereis "My Documents"
pioctl CreateFile(C:\_._AFS_IOCTL_._) failed: 0x2
        [The system cannot find the file specified.
]
pioctl Explorer logon user: [gurganbl@MS.ROSE-HULMAN.EDU]
pioctl WNetAddConnection2(\\afs,gurganbl@MS.ROSE-HULMAN.EDU) failed:
0x4C3
pioctl WNetAddConnection2(\\afs\all,gurganbl@MS.ROSE-HULMAN.EDU) failed:
0x4C3
pioctl LSA Principal logon user: [gurganbl@MS.ROSE-HULMAN.EDU]
pioctl WNetAddConnection2(\\afs,gurganbl@MS.ROSE-HULMAN.EDU) failed:
0x4C3
pioctl WNetAddConnection2(\\afs\all,gurganbl@MS.ROSE-HULMAN.EDU) failed:
0x4C3
pioctl SamCompatible logon user: [MSROSE-HULMAN\gurganbl]
pioctl CreateFile(C:\_._AFS_IOCTL_._) failed: 0x2
        [The system cannot find the file specified.
]
> Actually, I was wrong about the delay, I was just trying soon after
> login when those results were still cached. The output is different
> though:
>=20
> C:\Documents and Settings\gurganbl>fs whereis "My Documents"
> pioctl CreateFile(C:\_._AFS_IOCTL_._) failed: 0x2
>         [The system cannot find the file specified.
> ]
> pioctl Explorer logon user: [MSROSE-HULMAN\gurganbl]
> pioctl CreateFile(C:\_._AFS_IOCTL_._) failed: 0x2
>         [The system cannot find the file specified.
> ]
> pioctl LSA Principal logon user: [gurganbl@MS.ROSE-HULMAN.EDU]
> pioctl WNetAddConnection2(\\afs,gurganbl@MS.ROSE-HULMAN.EDU) failed:
> 0x4C3
> pioctl WNetAddConnection2(\\afs\all,gurganbl@MS.ROSE-HULMAN.EDU)
failed:
> 0x4C3
> pioctl SamCompatible logon user: [MSROSE-HULMAN\gurganbl]
> pioctl CreateFile(C:\_._AFS_IOCTL_._) failed: 0x2
>         [The system cannot find the file specified.
> ]
> fs: Invalid argument; it is possible that My Documents is not in AFS.
>=20
> The delay occurs after the first WNetAddConnection2 call in the case
of
> both login forms.
>=20

failed: