[OpenAFS] Re: help, salvaged volume won't come back online, is it corrupt? [trimmed log]

Joe Buehler jbuehler@spirentcom.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:22:49 -0400

Hartmut Reuter wrote:

> The best way to prevent the salvager from corrupting volumes is not to
> run it automatically. If you configure your OpenAFS with with
> "--enable-fast-restart" then the fileserver will not salvage
> automatically after a crash. So if you find after a ccrash volumes which
> couldn't be attached you salvage them by "bos salvage server partition
> volume" and examine the SalvageLog. I suppose in the case he throws the
> root-directory away you will see some thing in the log.

Our fileservers are built with this option but salvage after a crash.
Is there something else I am missing?  I am running 1.4.1 with a 2.4 linux kernel.
The full configure was thus:

./configure --with-linux-kernel-headers=/usr/src/linux-2.4.33 \
	--enable-fast-restart \
	--enable-bitmap-later \
	--enable-bos-new-config \
	--enable-largefile-fileserver \