[OpenAFS] context menu handler slow in OpenAFS 1.5.8 for Windows

Robbie Foust rfoust@duke.edu
Thu, 14 Sep 2006 20:59:03 -0400

If I log in as a local user, the "LSA Principal logon user" and
"WNetAddConnection2" lines don't show up, and there is no delay -
though I only tried this once.  If I'm logged in as a domain user,
the delay happened before the first "WNetAddConnection2" line.  This
isn't isolated to just this computer - I've heard of other
departments on campus seeing the delay.  It doesn't seem to break
things, its just....a short delay. :)  Also, It doesn't seem to
matter if the domain account has a kerberos name mapping in place or
not.

I wonder if there is a way to log whatever is happening during that
pause.

- Robbie