[OpenAFS] OpenAFS through-the-NAT performance.

Jakub Witkowski jpw@wszib.edu.pl
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:54:56 +0200

--=-rgRz59T1+HpJlwAs0c43

Hello,

Is there some way to force cache manager to "ping" the fileserver? Here
at work I have an overzealous NAT firewall that forgets UDP
'connections' just after about one minute inactivity.. In short, if I
keep accessing remote cell often enough for the connection not to time
out, I can use it just fine, but once that sixty seconds timeout is
crossed, it takes several minutes for the client first notice the
connection is broken then initiate new.

If it's not possible to do that at the administration tool level, what
part of client sources I should look at? In-kernel?

Thank you,

Jakub Witkowski.

--=-rgRz59T1+HpJlwAs0c43
	podpisana cyfrowo