[OpenAFS] Volume problems (and sob story.)

Robert Banz banz@umbc.edu
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 17:15:02 -0400

On Sep 18, 2006, at 15:02, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> That could be the bug fixed post 1.4.1
>
> DELTA STABLE14-viced-writevalloc-dont-vtakeoffline-20060510

I had a couple problems like that lately, but it only was happening
to read-onlys.  Which were a pain in the butt, since I had to zap
them, and it was on namei, so it was more of a pain in the butt to
zap them.  I had thought it was only a problem w/ 1.4.0, since I
hadn't seen it since everything was upgraded to 1.4.1...

And it happened to my root.afs, on the second hour, of the first day
of classes for the fall semester.

-rob