[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.4.x on SuSE 10.1 and rlim error

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:16:53 -0700

Lewis, Dave <LEWIS@NKI.RFMH.ORG> writes:

> I saw previous posts dealing with this issue but don't know if anyone
> has a solution that works yet. I tried compiling openafs 1.4.1 on suse
> 10.1 (single processor, 32-bit, 2.6.16.13-4-default). Compilation
> aborted with:

There have been lots and lots of solutions that work.  The error message
is extremely generic and means that, basically, OpenAFS was unable to find
kernel headers that correspond to the kernel against which you're
building.  In order to see what the problem really is, you have to look
at the config.log output.

> In previous posts on this issue I saw mention of a patch for ticket #
> 34561. Is it supposed to fix the rlim error? I applied the patch but
> still got the error. (I tried both the original patch and the June 30
> update.)

It's not useful to look for patches based on this particular error because
there is no "rlim error."  That error message means "compiling with your
kernel headers failed" and there are literally hundreds of different
things that could be wrong.