[OpenAFS] disaster recovery

Dimitris Zilaskos dzila@tassadar.physics.auth.gr
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:16:49 +0300 (EEST)

 	Hi,

 	One 1.3.87 linux fileserver died today. After a reboot, the filesystem
check on vicepa spitted out numerous errors, it "fixed" them filling
lost+found with data, and then after salavage I ended up with half the
volumes missing or corrupted.
 	I had one backup a few  days old which I used to restore the
volumes.  I also have a copy of the /vicepa contents from yesterday, when
the server started to behave strangely. Is there a way to use the
/vicepa contents in order to  access certain files/directories?
Unfortunately I do not have a copy of the db files.

 	Cheers,

Dimitris Zilaskos

Department of Physics @ Aristotle University of Thessaloniki , Greece
PGP key : http://tassadar.physics.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
 	  http://egnatia.ee.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
MD5sum  : de2bd8f73d545f0e4caf3096894ad83f  pgp_public_key.asc