[OpenAFS] Removing file server preferences...

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 17:02:23 -0400

At 01:39 PM 9/19/2006, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>Jim Rees wrote:
> >   It sounds like what you are looking for is a new command that flushes
> >   the server list without restarting the afs client.

...snipped...

>Actually, the command already exists
>
>   fs newcell
>
>This will force the server lists to be flushed for all cells.

Are you recommending this as the answer to my original question?  The
reason I ask is because I tried this command and it didn't remove the old
-file- servers from the preferences list.

Does "fs newcell" help for file servers (or vl servers)?

Rodney