[OpenAFS] Solaris/SunOS 5.8 token sharing

Mike Dopheide dopheide@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:20:53 -0500 (CDT)

I don't believe this to be an OpenAFS issue, but I believe only AFS users
might have seen the symptom.

SunOS 5.8 (only)
OpenAFS 1.2.13 or Transarc
MIT Kerberos 1.3.6 or 1.4.3
OpenSSH 3.9p1 or 4.2p1

Building a new version of OpenSSH for 5.8 results in an sshd that ends up
sharing AFS tokens between users.  The current running version on the
system (3.9p1) works just fine.  Rebuilding that same version again
results in sharing AFS tokens.

Building the same on Solaris 5.7 or 5.9 works just fine.  Unfortunately,
the 5.7/5.9 systems still have Transarc AFS (ack), but if I run the 5.7
binaries on the 5.8 system they still result in sharing tokens.
Conveniently, the same problem appears on 5.8 running Transarc.

Logging into the 5.8 systems with kerberized telnet does not result in
shared tokens, only ssh.  Has anyone seen this behavior?  I don't care so
much about it getting fixed, I just want to know we're not alone.

-Mike