[OpenAFS] A syncvldb problem?

Joseph Di Lellio joed@ucsc.edu
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 11:55:17 -0700 (PDT)

   I've got a problem that I have some clues on how to fix, but not
enough to go ahead for fear of making things worse.

   I have a few volumes that are on a new fileserver.  I've just moved
them, but when vos ex them I get the following:

Could not fetch the information about volume 536919169 from the server
: No such device
Volume does not exist on server <fileserver1> as indicated by the VLDB

Dump only information from VLDB

<volume>
    RWrite: 536919169
    number of sites -> 1
       server <fileserver1> partition /vicepa RW Site

The thing is, I didn't move them to <fileserver1>, but rather to
<fileserver2>.  I have a third fileserver, and the volumes there
are fine.

It looks like the VLDB is out of sync, but is syncvldb the option?  I
got the idea that it would assume the VLDB is correct and remove an
entry for a volume, not talk to a given fileserver and fix the entry.

The volume in question is indeed on <fileserver2>, which I can see
with listvol.

Thoughts?

------
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.  It's what you
know for sure that just ain't so.		-- Mark Twain