[OpenAFS] uw-imap & tokens

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Wed, 04 Apr 2007 16:04:52 -0400

On Wednesday, April 04, 2007 08:33:34 PM +0100 David Howells
<dhowells@redhat.com> wrote:

> That'd be my bet too.  I suspect that the PAM module (if that's what it
> is) that issued setpag occurs before the pam_keyinit PAM module also.

Oh, hm.  That's not good.  We may find ourselves back in exactly the same
situation that made it necessary to trap setgroups in the first place - it
doesn't work to track PAG's using something whose inheritance semantics are
different from those of PAG's.

>> If this is the case, I would suggest not applying keyring quotas to UID
>> 0; if root wants to exhaust all the resources the machine has to offer,
>> so be it.
>
> That's not a good solution.  The afs_pag gets attached to the root user's
> default session keyring, displacing any afs_pag that was previously there.

It shouldn't get attached to the default session keyring at all, because
that would cause the PAG to be inherited by newly-created sessions for that
UID, wouldn't it?  That's certainly not the right thing; a PAG should be
part of the session's actual keyring (with one being instantiated, if
necessary), not the user's default session keyring.

> What does the setpag code look like?

See <http://cvs.openafs.org/src/afs/LINUX/osi_groups.c>, particularly
setpag().

-- Jeff