[OpenAFS] How to volunteer?

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Sat, 07 Apr 2007 15:49:22 -0400

Hi,

There is nothing on the web site about how to volunteer for the openafs
project.

I sincerely think that OpenAfs rocks, but I worry about the vitality or
the perceived vitality of the community. I think that the best way for
me to fight that is to help make OpenAfs better.

I would like to help with documentation and writing of automated tests.

How can I contribute to the documentation? Where is the source? What is
the preferred format?

Russ said in
http://www.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2006-October/024061.html
that the documentation needs to be converted to Pod/docbook. How can I help?

I would also like to start writing automated tests to help. I prefer
Perl or Ruby. My C/C++ is rusty. How should I go about doing that?

I might possibly tackle a setup wizard or a vmware appliance after I
work on the docs. Comments?

Sincerely,
Jason