[OpenAFS] asetkey: failed to set key, code 70354694

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 13:24:51 -0500

Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:
>> # ./asetkey add 10 /tmp/afs.tab afs@rcf.mitre.org
>> ./asetkey: failed to set key, code 70354694.
>
> % translate_et 70354694
> 70354694 (acfg).6 = no more entries
>
> Man, I had no _idea_ that was an error.  Live and learn.  I will echo
> Derrick's comment: get rid of some of those keys in your KeyFile.  At
> most, I think _absolute_ maximum you would ever need is 5 at one time,
> and even that many is a stretch.

That is assuming you don't have more than X Kerberos realms that you
want to use for an afs service principal.  And if you want to change the
afs service principal in all trusted realms, you could end up needing 2X
"slots" in the KeyFile.

Is there a specific reason for the limit?  It seems arbitrary to me.

<<CDC