[OpenAFS] asetkey: failed to set key, code 70354694

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 14:37:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, Christopher D. Clausen wrote:

> Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:
>>> # ./asetkey add 10 /tmp/afs.tab afs@rcf.mitre.org
>>> ./asetkey: failed to set key, code 70354694.

>> % translate_et 70354694
>> 70354694 (acfg).6 = no more entries
>>
>> Man, I had no _idea_ that was an error.  Live and learn.  I will echo
>> Derrick's comment: get rid of some of those keys in your KeyFile.  At
>> most, I think _absolute_ maximum you would ever need is 5 at one time,
>> and even that many is a stretch.
>
> That is assuming you don't have more than X Kerberos realms that you
> want to use for an afs service principal.  And if you want to change the
> afs service principal in all trusted realms, you could end up needing 2X
> "slots" in the KeyFile.
>
> Is there a specific reason for the limit?  It seems arbitrary to me.

Linear search. Otherwise no. The current realm limit is lower than that
anyway in 1.5 and is basically 2 in 1.4, unless they all have the same
realm name, unless you're being really tricky anyway.