[OpenAFS] asetkey: failed to set key, code 70354694

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 09 Apr 2007 11:48:54 -0700

Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> writes:

> I think you've got it backwards.  You can only use one Kerberos realm
> per AFS cell (well, I guess maybe you could use two ... I don't know if
> you can simultaneously have a realm with the same name as your cell and
> the single "alternate" you are allowed).  Maybe you're thinking of
> multiple AFS cells served out of one Kerberos realm ... but that's one
> entry per keyfile.

In 1.5, you can use as many Kerberos realms as you want.  It's extremely
useful when you want to have multiple local realms that are already
synchronized and should be treated as local rather than as cross-realm
realms.