[OpenAFS] asetkey: failed to set key, code 70354694

Marcus Watts mdw@umich.edu
Mon, 09 Apr 2007 16:16:55 -0400

Jim Rees <rees@umich.edu> writes:
> Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 14:58:41 -0500
> From: Jim Rees <rees@umich.edu>
> To: Marcus Watts <mdw@umich.edu>
> Cc: openafs-info <openafs-info@openafs.org>
> Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] asetkey: failed to set key, code 70354694
>
> Marcus Watts wrote:
>
>   Ok, so there is the whole com_err mess.  But openafs has
>   its own com_err so that "shouldn't" matter.
>
> Isn't the problem here that asetkey needs both the OpenAFS and the Kerberos
> com_errs, but you can't have both in a single program?  I'll admit I'm not
> an expert on this subject.  But I sure would like to see this problem
> solved.

Oh, it gets worse than that.  If you use shared libraries, and, say, use
libafsauthent.so, you'll very likely get *both* flavors of com_err in
your program.  If you link statically against the AFS com_err, but
reference krb5's shared libraries, again you'll get both copies
in core.

In this particular case (asetkey), since the interesting thing is to
get ACFG errors out, and it's all on the AFS side of things, getting
the right thing to happen is doable.  What gets hard is to get
*both* kerberos 5 errors, and afs errors, out of the same copy
of com_err in one program image.

				-Marcus Watts