[OpenAFS] OpenAFS for Windows - December 2006 Status Report

Tue, 10 Apr 2007 14:02:45 -0400

The OpenAFS for Windows April 2007 Status Report and updated
development roadmap is now available:

http://www.secure-endpoints.com/talks/OpenAFS-Windows-Apr-2007-Status-Report.pdf

For the complete list of changes since the 1.2 release see:
    http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.5.18/winnt/afs-changes-since-1.2.txt

and of course be sure to read the Release Notes:

http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.5.18/winnt/relnotes-frames.htm

A set of mock ups of proposed user interface changes including:

 * Enhanced Explorer Shell integration

 * A new Control Panel for per user configuration

 * A new Microsoft Management Console components for AFS Client and
   AFS Server configuration.

can be found at:

  http://www.secure-endpoints.com/openafs-windows-roadmap.html

As always I encourage all organizations and individuals who wish to
support the development of OpenAFS for Windows to contact me.  Financial
contributions as well as in kind assistance are necessary to ensure that
proposed enhancements are implemented. Tax deductible donations may be
made via the OpenAFS account operated by Usenix (a 501c3 not for profit
corporation.)

Jeffrey Altman
OpenAFS for Windows Gatekeeper