[OpenAFS] Could not start transaction

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:37:59 -0400

Hello all,

I am in a script trying to dump some volumes.

first thing I noticed is that  vos wants to find some config files in
/usr/afs  (so I just created a symbolic link in /usr to vice called afs)

The "not a super user" msgs below,  that means that  "user" is expected
in the /usr/afs/etc/UserList file,  right ?

Below is a sample of the msgs I see.

Could not start transaction on the volume 536871987 to be dumped
    VOLSER: permission denied, not a super user
VOLSER: permission denied, not a super user
Error in vos dump command.
VOLSER: permission denied, not a super user

thanks,

Ron

  It's is not, it isn't ain't, and it's it's, not its, if you mean
  it is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers. It isn't
  her's. It isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours and
  theirs.
                                               -- Oxford Uni Press
  Ron Croonenberg                   |
                                    | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
  Lab Instructor &                  | Fax:   1 765 658 4732
          Technology Coordinator    |

  Department of Computer Science    | e-mail: ronc@DePauw.edu
  DePauw University                 |
  275 Julian Science & Math Center  |