[OpenAFS] Could not start transaction

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 13:15:58 -0400

> oh. with -localauth you don't need root in UserList. you have some other
> issue. without -localauth you need tokens for user root.

Yes I know, that is why I wanted to use -localauth. That way I can run
the script as a crontab without having to mess with tokens

>>> and you have a kerberos (afs) user named root??

No I am not using kerberos.

Actually I am not running the script on an afs server. I run it on a
machine with a bunch of tape drives and have the openafs-client
installed on it. I did that on anther machine first and that just worked.

As I said.  It seems to work fine when I get a token as admin. And it
used to run fine on another box with -localauth and running the script
as root.

>>> That's the right location if you have a transarc paths install. If not,
>>> well, log into the server in question and use bos listuser and bos
>>> adduser with -localauth

bos listuser -server afs-1
SUsers are: admin root ronc cowboy

  http://www.csc.depauw.edu/RonCroonenberg.html