Hmmm: [OpenAFS] Could not start transaction

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 13:18:21 -0400

Ahhhhh   the key file..  let me check that....

Nope...  forgot the keyfile..  I copied it and it works now.

Thanks!!!

Ron

Simon Wilkinson wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Ron Croonenberg wrote:
>
>> if I want to run the command as root with -localauth :
>>
>> /usr/sbin/vos dump -id 536872008 -f /data/afs-dump/test.tst -server
>> afs-1 -partition /vicepa -cell csc.depauw.edu -localauth
>>
>> it doesn't work.
>
> Are you doing this on a server (that is, a machine which has a KeyFile)?
> vos requires access to the KeyFile in order to construct the
> authentication ticket it uses internally.
>
> See the description of '-localauth' in 'man vos'
>
> Simon.

  It's is not, it isn't ain't, and it's it's, not its, if you mean
  it is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers. It isn't
  her's. It isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours and
  theirs.
                                               -- Oxford Uni Press
  Ron Croonenberg                   |
                                    | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
  Lab Instructor &                  | Fax:   1 765 658 4732
          Technology Coordinator    |

  Department of Computer Science    | e-mail: ronc@DePauw.edu
  DePauw University                 |
  275 Julian Science & Math Center  |