[OpenAFS] Re: openSuSE 10.1 krb5 through windows kdc, openafs 1.4.x, PAM

Joe Buehler jbuehler@spirentcom.com
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:08:33 -0400

Alexander Al wrote:

> Is there someone who could tell me how I should configure PAM
> with krb5 with a Windows kdc and openafs client 1.4.x ?

My own related question -- What is the "best" way to get AFS tokens
during login when using krb5?  There seems to be more than one way
to do it, as far as PAM goes, and it is not clear to me what is
currently best practice.

Currently we get krb5 credentials during login using pam_krb5 but get
AFS tokens using pam_afs and fakeka.  This for HPUX 11.0, HPUX 11.11,
Solaris 9, RedHat 9, RedHat ES 3 and RedHat AS 4.  (AIX 4.3/5.2 is still
a work in progress since PAM is problematic on those machines.)
--
Joe Buehler