[OpenAFS] 1.4.4: fileserver does not salvage on boot (not using --enable-fast-restart)

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 13:29:24 -0700

I recently upgraded a fileserver from 1.4.1 to 1.4.4.  Everything
works fine, except that the fileserver no longer salvages inconsistent
volumes on startup -- even though the --enable-fast-restart flag is
not provided during configuration.

At startup, I notice that /etc/openafs/server-local/SALVAGE.fs gets
created, yet the salvager does not actually run.

Has anybody encountered this problem?  How should I go about
troubleshooting it?

I reported this against the debian package, but Russ suggested that
this would be a better place to ask.

Thanks,

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380