[OpenAFS] AFS-Backup and BDB-Limits

FB fbo2@gmx.net
Fri, 13 Apr 2007 10:51:35 +0200

Hi,

how many volsets-entries (those records added by 'backup addvolentry') is the
BDB able to store?

Currently, i've got ~20 volsets usually containing 2 volsetentries each.
Volume patterns. However, the regexps used in BDB are limiting - I'd like
to use PCREs to specify the volumes to backup. My idea was to precalculate
the list of volumes that have to be backuped by applying a PCRE to all my volumes
and writing one volset-entry per volume into the BDB.

There are currently ~1800 Volumes in my cell - I expect it to grow to ~40000.
Is the BDB able to store that many volset-entries?

Regards,

Frank