[OpenAFS] Re: Implicit "A" in fileserver

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Fri, 13 Apr 2007 17:14:28 -0700

Bill Stivers <stiversb@ucsc.edu> writes:
> I know that this discussion was beaten 7 ways from Sunday in the
> recent past, but I thought it worth asking.  Did someone ever get
> around to committing a patch that enabled switching behavior between
> "implicit a" for directory creators versus "no implicit a" for
> directory creators?

This patch adds a configure-time "--disable-volume-owner-a" which
has the desired effect.

  /afs/megacz.com/debian/patches/openafs/1.4.4/openafs-ignore-volume-owner-patch

I've also updated the "compendium of ways AFS cares about UNIX
owner/group/modebits" after staring at afsfileprocs.c for a while:

  http://www.dementia.org/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore/UsageFAQ#2_21_What_meaning_do_the_UNIX_ow

  - a