[OpenAFS] 1.4.3 for Solaris SPARC = "BAD TRAP"

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:24:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, Jeff Blaine wrote:

>>> As I said above ("and is NOT using 'logging'"):
>>
>> I think you lied then:
>> In Solaris 9 you need to mount with nologging. In solaris 8 you needed to
>> not mount with logging.
>
> Wow!
>
> That's totally news to me.  Are you sure that was a change between
> Solaris 8 and Solaris 9 (and not Solaris 9 first --> Solaris 9
> later)?

Technically I think like the link I included it's between Solaris 9 pre
9/04 and Solaris 9 9/04, but I didn't actually upgrade anything until
after that, so...

> I did apparently lie!

Naughty naughty. Smack your hands with a ruler or something.

> So we have 60 boxes with /cache logging and zero problems.  I
> guess we're very very lucky?  :O

Not really. Like I said, "we don't know that...."

If all you use /cache for is the afs cache, it's a warnign which doesn't
apply. it's only when you do other (non afs cache manager) I/O in the
cache partition that you can end up deadlocking.

Derrick