[OpenAFS] windows explore refresh

Rodney M. Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:59:19 -0400

At 08:57 AM 4/25/2007, Stephen Joyce wrote:
>Hi David,
>
>Are you accessing the AFS folders via a UNC path (\\afs\...) or a mapped
>drive (H:..., etc)?
>
>I saw this issue only when trying to use a UNC path, as advised by the
>docs. When I went back to mapped drives, refreshes are always immediate. I
>reported this bug:
>http://grand.central.org/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=50864 There's a bit
>more technical info in RT from Jeff Altman on this problem.

Ah that's it, Stephen is correct.  I remember now that I had the same
problem a few of years back when I was experimenting with changing the user
profile and redirected folder paths to use UNC paths instead of drives.

I certainly wish this was fixed, however I "assumed" at the time that this
was an issue with Microsoft, and that UNC paths work that way "by
design".  This problem is preventing me from migrating away from drives
where I can.

Rodney