[OpenAFS] Unexpected behavior when renaming volumes

Bastian dea1306@melvex.xs4all.nl
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 23:35:45 +0200

Hello All,

I have a strange observation. If I rename a volume and I create another
volume using the old name, the two volumes have the same contents.

Changes to one volume are reflected in both volumes immediately. Though
the volumes do not have the same ID, it looks like they are one and the
same. I repeated the action several times with the same effect. Deleting
and recreating both volumes solved the problem.

Is this the intended behavior or is there something wrong?

Bastian

(More information: I am using OpenAFS 1.4.3 on Debian 4.0; all the vldb
servers and all the servers with copies of the volumes are up. After
each action I release the volumes)