[OpenAFS] AFS outage, impact of "moving" root.cell.readonly, root.afs.readonly

Kim Kimball dhk@ccre.com
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:48:46 -0600

<head>
</head>
Don't know if Windows boxes were affected or not.<br>
I know of at least one that was active during the entire window of
confusion.<br>
I'm analyzing the file server detailed logs (not FileLog, the -auditlog
output) now and should be able to answer the question with some level
of confidence soon.<br>
Kim<br>
Jeffrey Altman wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Kim Kimball wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Yeah, I realized I left that out.

File servers are running 1.4.1b

Clients: 1.4.x on MacOS, some Transarc 3.6 on Solaris 9, RHEL4 running
1.4.4.

Apparently not specific to a client version or platform.

Kim
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Did you leave Windows off that list because you do not know if they are
having problems or because they are known to not be having problems?

Jeffrey Altman