[OpenAFS] getting started?

Tim Spriggs tims@arizona.edu
Sun, 22 Apr 2007 16:30:26 -0700

--------------enig2975301979E056DAA18A841D

Hi Zach,

    You need to configure Kerberos separately from openafs. To start,
you need kinit:

# apt-get install krb5-user

The openafs-krb5 only gives you aklog. If you have not already done so,
you need to install the openafs kernel module. Try running:

# m-a a-i openafs

Note: m-a is a link to module-assistant
This will automatically build/install the openafs kernel module. Then,
to start afs, run

# /etc/init.d/openafs start

Remember, if you upgrade your kernel, you will have to recompile the
openafs module.

Good luck,
-Tim