[OpenAFS] One of my users has married - what to do?

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Sun, 29 Apr 2007 17:32:28 -0400

>If I recall correctly, our method for handling the salt correctly for
>any enctype now involves having the person set a new password
>when they change their username.

If you're going to do this anyway, and assuming you aren't doing
the right magic to preserve the password history correctly (from what I
remember, that old code in kadmind didn't do that), then why are you
adding the code for rename_principal back into kadmind?  It sounds
like you could do everything you are talking about with a delete
and an add.

--Ken